COVID-19 Information

December 15, 2020

Due to the continuation of COVID-19 and the current protocols in the state of Ohio, we are cancelling both of our Winter Camp programs for January 2021.

If you have questions in regards to this update, please contact:

Kenton VanDuyne

Previous Announcements

July 24, 2020

We are sad to announce that Family Camp 2020 has been canceled due to COVID-19. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to you joining us again next year.

If you have questions in regards to this update, please contact:

Kenton VanDuyne

June 20, 2020

We are excited to announce that our board has voted in favor of opening Camp Bethany for Junior High and Senior High camp. This decision was made with the understanding that camp will operate in a more cautious manner in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. We want you to be aware that Camp Bethany is going to look differently this year. Here are some things you need to know.

Before you come to camp: During Registration:
  • Arrive at Registration on Sunday between 3-4 pm. We request that this year you do not arrive early and stay spread out as much as possible.
  • Consider wearing a mask to help protect our staff and campers.
  • Limit the amount of non-campers during registration and pick up. We are all excited to see past and current campers, but the safety of our staff and campers is our top priority.
  • Turn in signed Waiver and Release Form
  • Compete Health questionnaire, campers have your temperature taken, turn in any medications to the Doctor on staff.
  • Please note: due to Ohio guidelines, campers who have been out of state in the 2 weeks prior to camp will not be allowed to attend. 
Going Home:
  • Pick up time has been moved to Saturday at 10 am to allow our staff more time for cleaning. Please be on time.

If you have questions in regards to this update, please contact:

Kenton VanDuyne

May 31, 2020

After careful deliberation and discussion, the Camp Bethany board of directors has cancelled the remainder of our June programming for the summer. This means that our Elementary Camp and Middler Camp are cancelled for the 2020 summer and will resume next year. July programming (Jr. High & Sr. High camps) will remain as scheduled as we wait and evaluate their possibility at a later date and as more infomation becomes available from the government. The board will meet again to make a final decision if we are able move forward with our Jr. High & Sr. High camps on June 20th, 2020.

We do not make any of these decisions lightly, and our hearts are incredibly heavy as we know that so many kids have been looking forward to coming to camp to gather with friends and we desperately want to have them here too. It has been our sincerest hope that we could provide a safe location for them to do so; however, with the social distancing mandates in effect until July 1st, we are not able to operate our camping programs while also adhering to current regulations. We hope that you will continue to join us in praying for the camp and our world.

If you have questions in regards to this update, please contact:

Kenton VanDuyne

April 27, 2020

The Camp Bethany Board is continually monitoring the situation in the state of Ohio in regards to the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We are prepared to follow the guidelines presented by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as the Ohio Governor, to best ensure everyones safety. Should we have programming, we will be implementing stringent cleaning procedures to help prevent the spread of this virus both during and in between camp sessions. We want to offer our assurance that the health and safety of our campers and staff is extremely important to us. It remains the primary focus of our decision making process as we look towards this summer.

We do not feel compelled to cancel our programming at this time since we are still 8 weeks from the start of camp and anticipate additional information from those sources in the coming weeks. We will absolutely make the difficult decision to cancel the remaining summer programs if we view it as unsafe for the children and staff.

We are seeking wisdom and discernment from the Lord and will send communication out again with updates and our final decision by June 1st. We hope this will allow you as parents enough time to make alternate arrangements for your children, while also allowing us to make informed decisions with the most current information.

Cancellations & Changes

We have made the difficult decision to cancel, and in one case reschedule, our programming that falls earliest in our calendar year. This means that both the Adult Retreat and Mini Camp have been canceled. Senior High camp has been rescheduled for the week of July 12 - 18. Our goal with this is to allow more time for everything to resume normal operations prior to the start of camp.

The possibility exists that we may need to operate camp with a limited number of campers, because of this registrations may be placed on a wait list this year to ensure we can function in a safe and responsible manner.

Planning with Patience

We realize that everyone would love to have solid decisions in place, but unfortunately we are still unable to guarantee our ability to operate. Due to this we are removing any registration payments at this time. You may still sign-up online or via mail without any financial commitment. If we are unable to function as a camp, then you will not have to worry about a refund. We hope that this will enable you to register your children with confidence. Come time for camp, should you personally deem it unsafe to send your child you can withdraw their registration at any time without penalty. If you are considering sending your child to camp, all pre-registrations that we receive will greatly help us to identify the size of staff that we need to commit to hiring in order to ensure a fantastic experience for everyone.

At this time, Camp Bethany is moving forward with plans to operate the majority of our summer camps. We believe that sharing the love of Christ through this ministry is such an incredibly important and impactful part of the year for young children that we are preparing to provide this experience for them if it is possible. With that in mind, we will continue to be flexible and respond to new information as it becomes available, and notify everyone with a final decision by June 1st. Please join us during this time in covering our camping program with prayer.

If you have thoughts or opinions on the matter to share, or questions you would like answered, please contact:

Kenton VanDuyne

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6